MiniMens Audio piano String Simulator

Bernhard Stopper b98tu@t-online.de
Tue, 16 Dec 2003 09:05:12 +0100

Software deployment is a horror...
i tested on two machines and everthing worked ok (since they both had =
the mesa.dll installed), obviously the system did not check correctly =
all the file dependencies. But now it works.

For useful working with sound generating to judge for sound quality =
affected by inharmonicity, loudness and longitudinal modes i recommend =
the latest 2 to 3 GHz PCs. i think about adding a soundboard model for =
the future, sureley interesting but that increases the computaion time =
with the actual PCs even more.
The main purpose of MiniMens Simulator is to extend piano scaling to =
dynamics and not as a complete piano simulator. I am working on a pro =
version with felt stiffness and bridge impedance and attack point =
parameters and resolution up to 196 kHz and 24 bit sound processing.

regards,

bernhard

----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Isaac sur Noos=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2003 12:32 AM
  Subject: RE: MiniMens Audio piano String Simulator

  Ric, mesa dll was missing in the first download, I had the same =
problem (the software worked nowadays, but slowly, mesa .dll shows the =
knob and scroll buttons). This is corrected actually, you'll have to =
download again.

  I find the screen with the instant display very nice, changing the =
gauge or wire quality (with the wire produced by Stephen for instance) =
showing immediately the differences in tension %breaking strain, , iH, =
etc. When it will be connected with Mensurix (to allow for a complete =
scale management) that will be a must. I just try a few sound samples, =
as the computing time is slow on my PIII 500Mhz, but they went fine, it =
is maybe less useful than instructive, as the soundboard modes are not =
taken in account, nor the voicing, but hammer mass is, it is yet a very =
nice approach , and I know a few that will like it !

  =20

  Best

  =20

  Isaac