turning front rail pins....always a no-no?

Wed, 17 Dec 2003 17:26:03 +0100

I've never understood personally the big deal... turn em and the keys
side play is adjustable... and so what if already worn bushings get to
last a few months longer. If the bushings need to get a bit slicker as
well... the a syringe and some protek will do the job.

As long it cant be shown that turning the pins has some detrimental
affect on the key that makes putting new bushings in a real
problem...then I dont see a big issue here. Turn em, and tell the
customer its time to replace the bushings, and this will hold em over
for a little while.

As for some other technician coming along later and without further ado
dropping the big criticisms over this... I kinda look at that as a
breach of professional ethics myself.

Just my two bits.

RicB