Damp Chaser

Coello Servicio Técnico de Pianos info@coellopiano.com
Fri, 19 Dec 2003 00:17:13 -0000

Today I served a Petrof upright that was located ina extreme humidity =
changes room. Last time I tune it was 3 years ago. But today the =
pinblock was in bad condition: several tuning pins was too loose. =
Several tuning pins has a "scratchy" touch and the string was so noisy =
at the agraffe.
I thought in installing a Damp Chaser for avoid further damage.
Do you think the damp chaser will be effective here? I mean: installing =
the damp chaser now will improve the condition of the piano? or it will =
be forever like it is now (Until repinning or pinblock change) but the =
damage will not be greater?
This is the first time I deal with dam chaser. I live in a place were I =
guess is not generally necessary due to little changes in humidity or =
temperature.

I=F1aki Coello
Valladolid. Spain.