A Hitch in a hitchpin

Richard Strang rstrang@pa.inter.net
Thu, 18 Dec 2003 20:18:49 -0500

Is there a tool to take a tuning pin out the same way???

Richard

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]On
Behalf Of A440A@aol.com
Sent: Thursday, December 18, 2003 11:12 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: A Hitch in a hitchpin

I wrote:
<< > hammer it up.  I wondering if anybody had tried this, or perhaps a

> gearpuller

> arrangement against the plate.

>  mmm.

And was told:

> Find a piece of threaded rod 12" long that will replace the adjusting knob

> on a visegrip. Install a nut on the rod, thread it into the visegrip and

   Wow, genius like that I usually only see among the Cajun's engineering
back home in La.  I am gonna take a look at some bolts, today.   The
obsessive in
me wants to think that the sliding weight can be perfectly aligned with the
direction of the hole, etc.  but I suppose I can grind the nose of the grips
match  the pin.
I'll let yall know what happens, next month, I guess.
Thanks,
Ed Foote RPT
 <A HREF="http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/399/six_degrees_of_tonality.html">
MP3.com: Six Degrees of Tonality</A>