Cockeyed hammers / Don Gilmore

Don A. Gilmore eromlignod@kc.rr.com
Sat, 20 Dec 2003 10:09:16 -0600

Don A. Gilmore
Mechanical Engineer
Kansas City
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Isaac sur Noos=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Saturday, December 20, 2003 5:41 AM
  Subject: RE: Cockeyed hammers / Don Gilmore

  Excuse my question, but why is not momentum used, while the hammer =
felt have some hysteresys (very slow indeed) and the string/mass hammer =
mass relation is an important parameter - while we don't know how to =
keep it consistent in the treble where the hammers are too heavy =
vs/strings.

  =20

  Do you mean that momentum is only useful for tone production ?

  =20

  Best Regards.

  =20

  Isaac OLEG