pedal lyre screws are obsolete

kenneth.gerler kenneth.gerler@prodigy.net
Sun, 21 Dec 2003 19:12:16 -0600

Mike & list,

I can take a picture and attach it to an email of the bit I use that will
cut from it tip end or its shank end. I know it works because I have used
it. It is a lot cheaper than a right angle drill attachment and I can still
use it to drill a 4 inch deep hole if I ever have the need.

Ken

------=_NextPart_000_005D_01C3C7C0.C60E9AC0

"...Next, drill out the holes where the screws were, also get a spade =
drill bit the size of the outside diameter of the "T" nuts, and make a =
cutting edge on the opposite side of the bit from the edge. That way you =
can use it to
countersink the place to put the "T" nut in the key bed and be out of =
the
way of the keyframe...."
I don't think this will work.  You will need to get a right angle drill =
attachment to fit between the pinblock and the keybed.  I've done this =
before and I had to get a forsner bit and cut the shank off to a nub, =
and it was still tight.

Mike Bratcher