Yamaha vs. Samick studio pianos

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Mon, 22 Dec 2003 22:23:37 -0600

>I tuned a brand new 'ordered-from-the-internet' Kawaii just last week.
>Truly one of the worst instruments I have ever seen. The entire action
>bounces with great gusto whenever any 1 note is struck. The only positive
>thing I can say about the piano is that the pins are tighter than any
>yamaha I ever tuned, and I tune for a dealer!
>

>           Will,
>
>              I preface my comments by telling you that I m not associated
> with any dealer or manufacturer, and have no hidden agenda.
>
>  I am very troubled by your comments. You don t elaborate on what ordered
> from the internet means. Nor do you reference the model # of this Kawai.
> If the action is Bouncing the key frame should be bedded, a task the
> dealer would perform during routine prep.

Tom,
Comparing to a P22, it's a vertical. Doesn't compute. I'd like a lucid
description of "Bouncing" before proceeding.

>  Does ordered from the internet eliminate a local dealer and if so would
> this explain your problem?

I'd also like a description of "ordered from the Internet". What exactly
does this mean, and how might it be construed to be different from ordering
through a dealer?

>             When you describe a Kawai as one of the worst instruments you
> have ever seen  to this technician you lose all credibility. Ever service
> a Kincaid? A Memphis Aeolian or Kimball Whitney? Perhaps this particular
> Kawai is horrible, but let s not condemn this manufacturer to a forum of
> technicians whose experience I ll wager is quite the opposite.
>
>             Tom Driscoll RPT

Yes, something like a set of considered and defined criteria leading to
this "bottom line" condemnation might be useful, or at least informative.

>             P.S. Also list etiquette would be better served if you sign
> your full name.

Or have it in the header, or somewhere so we know you're showing up
disguised only as yourself.

Ron N