downbearing direction

pianolover 88 pianolover88@hotmail.com
Wed, 24 Dec 2003 10:31:24 -0800

I'm pleased to see that my original posting on "downbearing direction" has
sparked interest and even experimentation!
Maury Crispmiss!

Terry Peterson

----Original Message Follows----
From: Stéphane Collin <collin.s@skynet.be>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Subject: Re: downbearing direction
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 13:40:07 +0100

Hi Ric.

I did your interesting experiment on a 9ft grand (thanks for sharing it).
Well, in my opinion (worth as much as ... ), the piano sounds better, I
think, without the coin.
But I intend to do the experiment on an upright (where the hammer strikes in
the direction of the downbearing).  I just have problems balancing the coin.

Stéphane Collin.