Key Inertia

John Hartman [link redacted at request of site owner - Jul 25, 2015] [link redacted at request of site owner - Jul 25, 2015]
Thu, 25 Dec 2003 22:27:16 -0500

(Pleas ignore the last drawing I sent I did not spell check it.)

Here is some more on this topic.

Think of "I" as the total MOI of the action. Think of "h" as the key
dip. "m" would be the force of playing minus the balance weight.

It is interesting that the square root of 2gh is the velocity reached at
free fall of the mass "m". As you see it can't be reached here. So, no
mater how heavy a weight we lay on the key the key can't reach the
acceleration a "g" gravity.

More later on this.

John Hartman RPT

John Hartman Pianos