Moment of Inertia (key stiffness)

Isaac sur Noos oleg-i@noos.fr
Sun, 28 Dec 2003 23:25:59 +0100

A fact I was just made aware of is that on Steinways the key remains
more thick under the whippen due to the thin whippen rail, on most
other actions, there is a large part of wood that is cut from the key
to allow clearance for the whippen rail,

Then Steinway can better accept more lead (particularly with key shoes
and longer capsules).

Just a comment.

Isaac OLEG
accordeur - reparateur - concert