Moment of Inertia of grand action parts.

Mon, 29 Dec 2003 01:58:38 +0100

> >Now we just need the velocity of the hammer.
>
> Except it doesn't work that way in a real action. The peak velocity of a
> hammer in a real action is limited by the compliance of the parts, not the
> input impulse.

Yes... thats true enough. But one thing at a time as it were. It seems
reasonable to first figure the velocity of the hammer for key velocity
as if it were in total compliance, then figure a compliance value, then
find that combination of inertia, mass, leverage, whathaveyou that sees
the maximum amount of hammer velocity for key velocity coincide best
with the saturation point of the action. Yes ?

RicB