Moment of Inertia of grand action parts.

Barbara Richmond piano57@flash.net
Tue, 30 Dec 2003 11:03:31 -0600

> >What I can do for you, Ron, is to sell you a set of hammershanks which
> >will keep the hammers up at the string. Vintage Steinway shanks from the
> >classic era (when Steinways were Steinways). Some sort of weird grease in
> >the bushings.
> >
> >Mr. Bill
>
> I won't even ask why you saved a set of goo-frozen take-out shanks and
> flanges from Steinway's "golden" era - whenever that was presumed or
> proclaimed to be.
>
> Ron N

It's art, man.

Besides, one must always be prepared.  You know how it is, you point out a
problem to the customer and then they say, "But I like it that way."  Mr.
Bill is just waiting for one of those folks to come along--specifically, the
ones who claim to like a piano with now and then repetition.  :-)

Barbara Richmond, RPT
somewhere near Peoria, IL