OT Lutefisk (was Re: What is lye)

Wed, 31 Dec 2003 01:50:32 +0100

Phillip Ford wrote:

> > Why take a perfectly good fish, cover it with lye, and bury
> it in the back yard for several months? <G>
>
> Happy New Year
>
> anon

Grin... what can I say Phil... you just have to experience it for
yourself.. The French have this nice little delicacy... they have these
little snails that grow in salt water along the coastlines, not the big
esgargo mind you... little buggers. And they eat them live. Very popular
on the west coast. They have these neat little tools for grabing on to
them to drag them out of their shells...kicking and squirming all the
way. Num Num !! Very tasty actually.  Then there are the sheep eyes of
Calcutta.... but I wont get into that :)

Bon Apetite'

RicB