Altenburg/Samick grand action problems

J Patrick Draine draine@attbi.com
Mon, 6 Jan 2003 10:58:47 -0800

On Monday, January 6, 2003, at 07:24  AM, Mike McCoy wrote:

> Talked to the salesman again and he informed me that Samick has
> nothing to do with it, when Altenburg puts their name on it they
> assume the warranty supposedly.

Yeah, I figured you'd be told (or you'd realize) that eventually. The
question is, what is the nature of the Altenburg warranty? And then it
would be up to the customer's (or their lawyers') negotiating skills
with the dealer.

>  Does any of this make sense???

Well, it's unfortunate but it's my observation that some Samicks suffer
from this flange seizure problem. I'd suggest checking the archives for
Roger Jolly's procedures for these problems, but it seems to me the low
cost approach would be to treat all offending flanges with alcohol &
water to shrink the bushings, and then to test & repin as necessary. I
think you'll want to have the damper action in your shop as well for
this procedure. The higher cost but more certain approach would be ream
& repin all flanges a la Mannino. And you certainly don't want to part
of a "solution" that involves further callbacks.

Good luck,
Patrick Draine

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available