Mouse Leftovers

Dave Bunch pdtek@mchsi.com
Sun, 26 Jan 2003 16:07:59 -0600

The post I received from the Center for Disease Control should be in the =
archives but the gist is that the Hanta Virus can only live for three to =
four days at most in the absence of a live host.

So if you find dead mice that are far from, lets say..."fresh", or the =
piano has been moved to a non-infested location and you know that =
anything left behind is not very recent, there should be no problem with =
the virus. Its sounds from your post that the infestation is past tense

Which reminds me of a great "mouse in the piano story".  =3DWarning=3D =
contains brief mouse violence.

I was called to work on a Baldwin spinit that had been in a farm house =
for many years and was completely filled with everything "mouse". The =
top three notes in the bass section would not play and when I checked to =
see what the problem was I found a dead mouse between the shanks and the =
strings. I got my hemostats and proceeded to gently remove the carcass =
but it would not come out. I didn't want to remove it in pieces so I =
looked closely with my flashlight to find a bizaar scene. A hammer =
return spring that had come out of it's slot was passed completely =
through the torso of the mouse with about a 1/4" of the spring coming =
out the other side. Yes, a full mouse-ka-bob. What makes it even more =
bizaar is to think of a scenario of how this happened.

Dave Bunch
  ----- Original Message -----=20