Tricky Hammers

G GRAVINA ggravina@ix.netcom.com
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 07:17:55 -0500

Paul, Joe, List:

Do some hammers fit better "out of the box" than others?

I've been using Renner hammers for years and have been very pleased.  But I
spend a fair amount of time arcing tails, tapering sides, etc.

I generally do not send samples - I try to turn the job around in a few
days so the piano is not out of service for an extended period of time.

Jerry Gravina, RPT
Babylon, NY