OT Virus Post

Robert Goodale rrg@unlv.edu
Wed, 2 Jul 2003 08:58:51 -0700

This sounds similar to the thing I had been discussing where the system is
resending old e-mails out of my sent file at random.  On a related topic, a
couple nights ago Norton detected and quarantined a Trojan horse called "JS
Seeker."  Apparently this one hitch-hikes into your system under a different
name and then unpacks itself inside Internet Explorer.  It then tries to
alter various protocol settings.  Norton detected it immediately.  Watch for
this one, it's obviously on the move out there.

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV