V-cap update

Thu, 03 Jul 2003 22:36:57 +0200

This looks a bit better eh ??. Routed out a 20mm chanel 5 mm deep into
the key and use the key itself to do the job of the flange.  I also
repositioned the whippen magnets so that they are just behind the
jack... as far out on lower arm of the whippen as I can get them. They
are countersunk so that only 1 mm protrudes. Probably stay put better.
I am still getting about 12 grams reduction in BW this way (which is far
more then hoped to be able to get) , and a more consistant hammer travel
through the whole key stroke.

I suppose this way of installing the key magnets could be further
refined,  but I  will use this idea for the first piano.

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.

--------------D4D2413659F8EEDA0F5521D7
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

--------------D4D2413659F8EEDA0F5521D7
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: C:\\DOCUME~1\\RICHAR~1\\LOCALS~1\\Temp\\nsmailQT.jpeg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 9761 bytes
Desc: not available

--------------D4D2413659F8EEDA0F5521D7
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: C:\\DOCUME~1\\RICHAR~1\\LOCALS~1\\Temp\\nsmailA4.jpeg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 8974 bytes
Desc: not available

--------------D4D2413659F8EEDA0F5521D7
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: C:\\DOCUME~1\\RICHAR~1\\LOCALS~1\\Temp\\nsmail5V.jpeg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 10605 bytes
Desc: not available

--------------D4D2413659F8EEDA0F5521D7--