Same Topic - Different, (appropriate), Title - Damper Swoosh

Alan tune4u@earthlink.net
Fri, 4 Jul 2003 06:18:14 -0500

I paid a small fortune for them thar pliers but only used them once
because it seemed to smoosh out the felt and make it too long--the very
problem that started this thread. Didn't try ironing with them, though.

Alan R. Barnard
Salem, MO

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Joseph Garrett
Sent: Thursday, July 03, 2003 10:25 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Same Topic - Different, (appropriate), Title - Damper Swoosh

Another tool for curbing damper swoosh is the pliers from Renner that
are
used to squeeze the tips of the bi/tri-chord felt. If I have this
problem,
in the shop, I lay the head of the pliers on the hot plate, (coffee
warmer
type), so the head is heated. This seems to eliminate a lot of that
"Swoosh".
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)

---