Safe-T-Planer

Dick Day pianotoone@hotmail.com
Sat, 5 Jul 2003 17:20:22 -0400

I use one of these.  Works fine for planing keytops after the =
Ivory(Plastic) has been removed. But BE CAREFUL.  They can grap your =
work and drag your hand into those unprotected knives.  Only remove a =
little bit at  at time.

Dick Day
Marshall, MI
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Richard Brekne=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Saturday, July 05, 2003 4:07 PM
  Subject: Re: Safe-T-Planer

  I used to have one of these... I think... if its one of those large =
round disks that attach to a drill press...works ok.. but you gotta =
remove old key tops and trim fronts for sure. I dont use it any more =
because I find that a small bench bandsaw of decent quality does a much =
better and faster job of it. Just set up the cutting depth so that you =
are a hair below the glue holding the old key top on, and zwipppp..=20
  RicB=20

  Alan wrote:=20

    Okay, okay I've surfed 'til I'm sick of it .

    Where can I buy the Wagner Safe-T-Planer???=20

    Alan R. Barnard=20

    Salem, MO=20

    ---=20