Treble Resonator (Treble Tone Resonator)

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Sun, 6 Jul 2003 01:18:30 +0200

Measured with a dial, the crown can increase a very little, but it is
umore the boad tension that counts there I guess.

Nowadays it stiffen the zone near the last plate strut. The conceptor
of the ttreble resonator say you uses it only when voicing (leaving it
untensionned when stringing) and only when you are in the "wall" and
can't obtain no more from the voicing.

You have to find a balance, as the effect is not extending all along
the treble, and to constrained is not good.

I've been expalined that the Steinway soundbord was installed under
tension with some kind of turnbuckles that push the board and gives it
crown along the long dimension (the ribs can't go in their place -
from above- until the board is forced from the pinblock side and
popped in place.

The turnbuckle is giving the same tensionning effect locally I.M.O.

Isaac OLEG

Entretien et reparation de pianos.

PianoTech
17 rue de Choisy