Happy 4th!

Bill Ballard yardbird@vermontel.net
Sat, 5 Jul 2003 09:00:04 -0400

I hope you all did the 4th up right, those of you not at some
convention... The tiny town of Saxtons River VT always has a great
Independence Day parade and this year was no exception. Samba Joy! is
thirty dancers, eight percussion, and other musicians (myself on alto
saxophone), and the tune was "Triste", a gorgeous samba standard. Just
off to the left is a bridge over a fabulous granite falls, to cool off
after the parade. I napped from 2-5pm and at 5:30pm do concert service
on 2 Ds, on one stage, for "American Music": Steve Reich, Ives,
Albright (this last, a fabulous Sonata for Saxophone and Piano which
nearly caused me to toss my horn in the dumpster).

These pictures were taken under a blazing clear 90º sun.

Mr. Bill

"I gotta go ta woik...."
    ...........Ian Shoales, Duck's Breath Mystery Theater

[Photos at:]

https://www.moypiano.com/ptg/files/attachments/94/82/7c/1b/
SamJoyBand.3.jpg

https://www.moypiano.com/ptg/files/attachments/2d/f0/fd/dc/