Long backscales

John Musselwhite john@musselwhite.com
Sun, 06 Jul 2003 10:34:23 -0600

At 11:55 AM 7/6/2003 +0200, Richard wrote:

>Thats quite the bass bridge there. I would love to hear some
>commentary.... Long backscale indeed...  did you like the sound of the
>instrument?

It really sounds good overall, though if it had been me I don't think I
would have put Renner Blues on it. It's real nice to tune and is quite
stable, but the touch with the new action is a little on the heavy
side.  The owner likes it though, so the touch will probably stay as it is
for a while.

Ron mentioned that the scale could have been cleaned up a little by
eliminating the tri-chords and I agree with that, but what's done is done.
The rest of the job was excellent, though.

Hope everyone enjoyed the pics!

                 John