keybed support

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Tue, 8 Jul 2003 13:16:09 +0200

I made one and don't use it much for some reason.

To regulate the drop/backchecks, etc, one may find a correct placement
of his knee under the keyframe, and that differs in the bass and in
the treble.
The posture is not very confortable indeed, the stool may be high
enough, and with 4 feet so you can lock your feet on one. Was
instructed tio use only one knee at once, to have consistence - the
regulation posture may be checked, so one have the same result in the
piano.
I've find that the support is not giving that when we are in the
treble, because the frame is warping then.

For the posture, Yoga may help !

Best Regards

Another Yamaha method I use is the insertion and extraction of the
paper dip washers under the keys with 2 fingers only.
I did not do that other than on whites keys, but finally understood
how to place my fingers to work on the sharps too. In fact nothing
really difficult, and that is always good to be able to work without a
tool (faster)
The other hand keep the other keys up so one have enough space.
Some strenght in the fingers is necessary indeed, but more than enough
space under there with the good posture.

Pics on demand

Isaac OLEG

Entretien et réparation de pianos.

PianoTech