Act now, and we'll throw in...

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Tue, 08 Jul 2003 14:40:31 -0500

There I was, minding my own business out in the shop. Not bothering a soul.

Phone call. Someone wanting to buy a piano tuning kit. Oh heck, and I'm out
of those. There goes my chance for a quick buck. I told her I didn't have
anything like that, and she might check with Player Piano Company here in
town, but I also pointed out that the kit alone wouldn't be much use since
it's not a no-skills sort of thing. No problem, she said, her father tunes
pianos and she was looking for something to get him for his birthday. My
first thought was - How badly do you want to insult him? But what I said
was that in that case, he is most likely using tools he's comfortable with,
or should be the one to choose them if he doesn't. She thanked me and hung up.

I'm going back out in the shop and putting on two layers of ear protection
and turning on the vacuum so I can't hear the phone.
Ron N