OT -- Telemarketing

Wed, 9 Jul 2003 11:19:50 -0700

I realize this is way off topic, but...I have just hung up on the third =
telemarketing computer of the morning and I'm not happy about it at all!

At least in the U.S. relief is in sight though it will take several more =
months to arrive in force.

We can now contact the National Do Not Call Registry online at:
    http://www.donotcall.gov
and register our phone numbers to be removed from at least the most =
obnoxious of the telemarketers. Violators can be punished. Not to the =
extent I may think appropriate, but still...

Sadly, while I have already registered every phone number in our =
personal system, it won't be until October 1, 2003 that I will be able =
to file a complaint and expect retaliation. Better late than never.

Regards (and wishing you all a telemarketing-free future)

Del

Delwin D Fandrich
Piano Designer & Builder
Hoquiam, Washington  USA