Sostenuto rail

Tompiano@aol.com Tompiano@aol.com
Wed, 9 Jul 2003 19:02:08 EDT

Alan,
This is a 1898 Hardman 7ft grand which easily compares with the tone and
power with the best Steinway D you could fine. It's that good. Original board too.
Sustain and color to die for!
I bought this piano years ago as a project from hell. The only reason I
bought it was the soundboard's sustain. Anyhow each step of the way has turned up
more surprises than you could imagine. For example,  I went to install the
dampers only to find out the dampers which were sent with the piano didn't match.
Had to start all over with new heads and wires. And of course, no sostenuto
rail or braces.
This piano was sent out last week for it's first recording session with on of
S. Florida premier classical artist. CD will be out in one month. Incredible
tone. Luckily, no sostenuto was needed for the recording.
However, in 2 weeks it's being used for another major event and the sostenuto
will be needed. So time is of essences.
If you guys want to see a very interesting piano, go to <A HREF="www.Pianomart.com">www.Pianomart.com</A> and
view the Hardman grands for sale. Ours is the first one listed. Picture isn't
great but you can see some of the cabinet detailing.
Never had to much experiencing with Hardman grands but this one sure made a
believer out of me.
Tom Servinsky