OT -- Telemarketing

Rodney Pritchett rodneycp@bellsouth.net
Wed, 09 Jul 2003 21:29:16 -0400

David Love wrote:
> What I would really like is a no pop up ads on my computer call line.
> What's particularly galling is that 95% of them are from companies
> selling software to stop pop up ads.  The pop up blocker on my email
> program is ineffective.
>
> David Love
> davidlovepianos@earthlink.net <mailto:davidlovepianos@earthlink.net>

David,

You could use a browser like Mozilla or Mozilla Firebird

http://www.mozilla.org/

which is the engine that Netscape is built on (without the bloat).  It
has a box in the preferences section that you can check that will stop
pop up windows.

Or you can use one of the free pop up blockers like pop-up stopper

http://www.panicware.com/popupstoppercompare.html

They have a free version, or you can choose to pay for one of their
heavier duty versions.

I'm using the Mozilla and Firebird browsers and they have stopped the
pop up windows for me.

Rodney Pritchett
Marietta, GA