OT - telemarketing

Thu, 10 Jul 2003 00:09:53 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Yick" <ptuner2002@yahoo.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: July 09, 2003 11:08 PM
Subject: Re:OT - telemarketing

> About telemarketers..... it is very annoying to get
> those calls; especially if I forward my phone to my
> cell phone, and end up using precious minutes. I tried
> to have my phone put on the "Do not call" list for
> telemarketers, and was told that it is only for
> residential phone lines and not for business lines.
> Just thought I would pass that on. I would gladly be
> on the list if I could.
>
> Bill Yick, Rpt

That is true. The battle is only half won. We need to keep lobbying our
various elected officials and the FCC. At least until we get the same rules
for all cell phones. It's our air time we are paying for and the
telemarketers have no right to force us to pay for their intrusion into our
privacy and pocketbooks.

Del