Downbearing gauge/David Love

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Thu, 10 Jul 2003 19:14:22 -0700

You queried: "Anybody know where I can get a dial downbearing gauge like
Schaff used to
carry?  They seem to be currently unavailable."

David,
Make your own. You can get a machinists dial, (or whatever they are called),
from Harbor Freight, cheap. A block of aluminum and some steel pin stock,
drill press, hack saw, sandpaper, etc., a couple hours of messing around in
the ole' shop and voila! You'll probably come up with one that far exceeds
the Schaff/Apsco thingees.<G>
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)