Wood Question

Sat, 12 Jul 2003 00:15:44 +0200

Hi David

I havent gotten my July Journal for some reason yet. But I imagine the
Velo article is about his idea up on the hammer shank and rep lever. We
had that article in the last number of the European.

As far as weight of the assembly is concerned. I have figured out the
net effect, and Ron Nossaman provided a very cute method of figureing
this out as well. I need around 15 grams of effect between the two
magnets (whippen and key magnet) and I can get close to 60 grams at 4 mm
seperation. Put in terms of DW, I can reduce DW by 10 to 12 grams down
weight with the magnets in the picture without causeing any noticeble
problems. Actually, I am nearing completion of the first full action
install. But in that I have simply routed out a channel for the magnet
shank, pinned the key, and installed the magnet shank.

Useing a premade assembly would be faster and neater. But I need to know
what kind of wood would be best to use.

Cheers
RicB

--