STEINWAY B TOUCHWEIGHT

Roger Jolly roger.j@sasktel.net
Mon, 14 Jul 2003 09:29:37 -0600

Hi David,
               A check that gives you a quick indication of need to move
the capstans, is to cut a 1/8" wide slip of business card. Use it to shim
out the top of the flange.  I have found a few with rotated rails.
Another tell tale clue giver, is the index line on the top of the wippen,
with respect to jack knuckle positioning.
Just a quick diagnostic tool.
Like Ed has mentioned. carefully address the friction first.
With out seeing an action I would not give advice about moving capstans.
Like you I am not impressed with the BW
I don't think Steinway would agree with the Dealers statement.   So call
Kent Webb and ask for advice on how to procede.   This may be doing the
best for the customer.

Regards Roger