lessons learned

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Mon, 14 Jul 2003 17:06:33 -0400

John,

I have long wondered how many experienced piano technicians can definitely
tell the difference between, say, A435 and A440 without some sort of
reference.  I wish there were some way to test this.

Maybe the next time a chapter meeting happens, someone could alter the pitch
of A4 on a nearby piano (or leave it where it belongs, for that matter), and
have each person present write down on a piece of paper what they think the
pitch actually is.  Could be pretty revealing.  Or would there be a better
way?

What do you do, John, if it's just a little old *man* that just uses it for
hymns?  <G>

Regards,
Clyde