looking to replace my upright...

Charles Neuman piano@charlesneuman.net
Tue, 15 Jul 2003 19:22:41 -0400 (EDT)

> Sounds like I should talk to my real-life tech friends, and find out
> whether they think I should put some $ into hammers and other action
> parts, or put even more $ into another piano.

The "correct" answer to that question is probably, "No, don't put any more
money into the piano". However, it may be of value to you to see what you
can do with the sound. Maybe you could experiment with a different kind of
bridge or scale design, or try to plug the pinblock. Of course, you'd then
be without a piano for a long time. So take everyone's advice with a grain
of salt.

Charles Neuman
PTG Assoc, Long Island