Glued in bridge pins

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Wed, 16 Jul 2003 22:21:45 -0500

>If I were replacing the soundboard, then the
>bridge would get recapped automatically.

It would? Man, I must be doing something wrong. I've always had to recap
them myself. How does that work? Do you leave it on the bench over night
with a bowl of milk?

In any case, with the pin at the edge of the notch, you should have enough
to grab with the small vice-grips. Heat them like Roger suggested, only
don't wait for them to cool. While they're still good and hot, grab them
one at a time with the vise-grip and pull 'em out. If that doesn't work,
chisel. No easy fix, nothing you didn't already know.

Ron N