Fw: How to Survive a Heart Attack Alone

Robin Hufford hufford1@airmail.net
Fri, 18 Jul 2003 00:53:16 -0700

Keith,
 Never having had a heart attack I am sure I can't adequately empathize with you
but sympathies nevertheless.  All I know on this subject is what I have posted
as having been reported (I think in the paper) - a physician saved himself in
the manner I described.
      I have, however, spent many thousands of dollars paying for analyses of a
set of complicatated neurological symptoms and received divergent
recommendations where one would expect even a rudimentary  level of analytical
skill would force a relative similarity.   The opinions purchased have been many
times mutually contradictory, mutually exclusive and inconsistent with one
another,  with recommendations ranging from urgently proceeding to surgery to
doing essentially nothing,  all the while developed from the same set of
symptoms, leading me to question the wisdom of placing an undue amount of faith
on the analytical skills in general of commercial medicine.  Many people, I
believe, can give similar accounts.
      Taking note with astonishment of the many patients who died up until the
last decade or so from improperly treated ulcers - a simple matter generally of
an easily treated infection, reflecting on the ostracization of the Australian
doctor who actually correctly analyzed the problem and  the similar treatment of
Jenner regarding sepsis and others with innovative solutions to ongoing
"conventionally" treated symptomology and considerering the numerous other
examples of cognitive inertia of the medical establishment, which I could go on
for some time about,  I think I will cough like crazy if I should find myself in
the situation where I think it necessary.   What would one have to lose?  Death
is the alternative!
     In any case, regards particularly to a person whose principles are not
determined by the expediency of survival.
Robin Hufford