Baldwin

Richard Strang rstrang@pa.inter.net
Sat, 19 Jul 2003 19:40:19 -0500

The piano did not have the Accu-Just hitch pins, but the M I am going to
replace the bass strings in  sometime in the next few weeks, does. I don't
know whether I should have Mapes or Schaff make the strings. I think Schaff
is cheaper, but maybe not so much so. What do you all think?
  -----Original Message-----
  From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]On
Behalf Of Delwin D Fandrich
  Sent: Saturday, July 19, 2003 1:31 PM
  To: Pianotech
  Subject: Re: Baldwin

  How old was the Baldwin M? Did it have vertical hitches? If so, welcome to
the wonderful world of SynchroTone strings--the core and wrap sizes tend to
jump all over the place. Hence, so does inharmonicity and the harmonic
structure of the strings. It's not really random, it just seems that way.
These pianos are a good reason to work on one's aural tuning skills.
Especially in the bass.

  Del