Baldwin

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Sat, 19 Jul 2003 23:49:58 -0500

>Can you recommend an exacting string maker? I'd sure like this piano to
>sound as good as it can. It sits in the living room of the U.S. ambassador
>to Panama.

Mapes is quite capable of making a good set of strings, as is Arledge or
Sanderson. The question is making them to what specifications? That's the
rescaling Terry was talking about.

And, incidentally, why is it more important that the piano sound good for
the U.S ambassador to Panama than if it was for the widow Iris Flowers from
Grand Junction, who would be spending the same money for similar
expectations? I've always wondered about this sort of distinction.

Ron N