soundboardinstal again

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Mon, 21 Jul 2003 08:38:11 -0500

>Is that the question I asked?  I was thinking that if the board has a 1/8"
>gap all the way around it and in the process of wedging down an unsecured
>board to set the bearing, it splays out by 1/4" taking up that gap, will
>there be a measurable difference in the bearing between the board with the
>gap and without.  Or better, how large must the gap be until such a
>difference becomes significant.  Did I not phrase it well, or is that the
>question you answered?
>
>David Love

Yessir, that's the question I answered. With a 0.004" difference between a
direct end to end measurement of the rib, and the measurement along the
curve, where would 1/4" of splay come from when you wedged the board down?
To get 1/4" difference, the crown radius would have to be 89", and crown
height would be 1.84". Even then the board wouldn't splay 1/4" even if you
pushed the crown flat because the bottom of the rib won't stretch that far.
Honest, it's not a factor.

Ron N