Stupendomorphic Super-High-End Victorian Unrestored Uprights for Sale!!!!!!

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Mon, 21 Jul 2003 16:35:45 -0700 (PDT)

Greetings Earthlings,
    I have several of these which, as my entertainment
career increases, I realize will probably not have
time to restore. None of these has ever had mice in
it!!!!!!
     Before I smash them up, I thought I'd see if any
y'all would like to purchase them! Individually, or in
a pile.

1) Rosewood Knabe. Refinished. Fretwork panels on
front w/silk behind. Very ornate! 55" (1898?)

2)Ebony "Eastlake Style" ( sort of Egyptian looking
)Knabe, 1893,55". Has new Pianotek keytops, Imadegawa
hammers ( not installed ). And an AMAZING, matching
mechanical "piano chair", with a nickel-plated rack
and pinion affair to raise the seat! Stripped,
destrung and thoroughly cleaned inside and out.

3)Rosewood Knabe, 1899, 50" high. Perfect Ivories.
Also fretwork with silk behind. A real, super-clean
gem when I bought it. Stripped and destrung,
thoroughly cleaned inside and out.

Ivers and Pond (1905?). Flame mahogany, painted white.
56". Very ornate cabinet. Acanthus leaves on round
legs, and cast into solid brass pedals. Agraffes in
tenor and treble section, preceeeding pressure bar.
Lever on bass cheekblock for mandolin rail operation,
soft pedal compensator.

Everett, 1899, 52" upright. "Bowling alley" keybed.
Little tabs on backs of pedals to keep the mice out
when pedals are up! Perfect ivories.

All these pianos are ( or were before I unstrung them
)very full and rich sounding, throughout the scale.

And: Fancy book-matched walnut Lindemann player,1917,
utterly stupendous bass, double-valve "Standard" brand
player system. (The most common). Perfect ivories.
This one HAS had a minor mouse problem, and I will
experiment this week with an oxalic acid solution to
get the smell and stains off the keys.