Left holding the hammer rest rail...

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Tue, 22 Jul 2003 03:27:26 EDT

List,

I'd just finished doing some action work on a 110 year old upright and was
lifting it back into the piano when the action decided to detach itself from the
rail.  Fortunately it was in one of the stores I do occasional work for and
was not an heirloom in somebody's home.

Nonetheless, seeing broken stickers, whippens and flanges lying all over the
floor leaves one with a feeling similar to the feeling of seeing one's car
smashed up in the middle of the road.  Kinda sick.

I now have to find a source for whippens, stickers and flanges.  I have
samples(plenty of them), but I am not sure what kind of action it is.  I will look
for the maker when I go back next week.  Joe G., or anyone else, is there a
chance I could purchase some replacement parts from those of you with a
lifetime's worth of collected parts?

I will now be EXTREMELY careful when lifting actions into or out of pianos...

Dave "man of action" Stahl