Thumper Board

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Thu, 24 Jul 2003 20:02:35 EDT

<< I thought Bach was harpsichord. The Piano hadn't been invented then. But
I've been wrong before.

Keith Roberts

  ----- Original Message -----

  From: KENNETH FINLAYSON

<<I agree, Thumpie. My fiancee and I play Bach extensively. The genius is
incredible. Is it his technique? Reformation, methinks. I also heard somewhere
along the line, he was the only great composer to tune his own piano.  Kenny >>

C'mon guys,  we oughta know a little history of the instruments we are making
our profession.,  the piano was invented in 1700, the WTC was published in
1722, Bach died much later than that and we have a written record of his
impressions of the piano.
   The first public performance on the piano was done by Bach's son C.P.E. in
(I think) 1749.

Ed Foote RPT
www.uk-piano.org/edfoote/
 <A HREF="http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/399/six_degrees_of_tonality.html">