Clothes Pins as clamps/Keith

Bill Ballard yardbird@vermontel.net
Thu, 24 Jul 2003 23:44:16 -0400

At 10:28 PM -0500 7/24/03, Avery Todd wrote:
>Bill,
>
>I haven't heard about that one. I'll tell you mine (you probably already
>know) if you'll tell me yours! :-)

We're both using the clothes pins identically, just for different
stages of pedal regulation. When the sostenuto is properly regulated,
the tabs will be 1/6" above the tab height as lifted by the key (a #,
BTW). So I pick # dampers close to each action break & use the
clothes pin to hold the dampers at key lift height. That tab height
(plus 1/16") I transfer to the sosty rail.

At this point, you come along and clamp the heads at sosty catch
height and set the upstop rail just a goat hair above that.

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.

"I go, two plus like, three is pretty much totally five. Whatever"
     ...........The new math