Piano Horror ...

Robert Wilson pianotechnicianuk@yahoo.com
Fri, 25 Jul 2003 16:41:23 +0100 (BST)

 --- Harry Pickett <hjpickett@cablenet-va.com> wrote:
> "The harpsichord is a light and delicate thing"
> George Bernard Shaw described the Harpsichord as
> "Skeletons copulating
> on a tine roof"
> The pianist who did two days ago was Roslyn Tureck,
> my favorite Bach
> interpreter on the piano.
> Cheers
> Harry

My favourite too - she's incredible.  I saw her 25
years ago in London - she played the Goldberg
Variations on the harpsichord, and then after an
inverval she played them again on the piano.
Absolutely brought the house down.  The standing
ovation lasted nearly 10 minutes.  She has a wonderful
rich, even tone on the piano
Bob.