x x

KENNETH FINLAYSON kennyfin@jetstream.net
Fri, 25 Jul 2003 12:08:12 -0700

Hi Isaac:

Bonjour. Comment ca va? Je fait castilles en Espagne?

I have a piano, donated to our little white church in the village, the =
name on the decal is VOSE & Sons. It was made in the 70's by Aeolian, =
Tennesee. A drop action. I think the cabinet design was very well =
thought out. Other than that, it won't hold it's tune, and it's =
terrible.

I remember when I worked for the music store, we shipped in a whole =
truckload of these inexpensive pianos, the driver came directly from =
there to here, thousands of miles, from Tennesee to BC. In the early =
80's, they were sold for about $1,200.00.=20

It won't hold it's tune, and I can't figure out why. Looking down from =
the top with the lid open, the pin block seems very good material, =
twelve ply heart and second growth.

Because it is the Church, I figured, well, I'll give them a break and do =
something nice for them. I repinned the whole thing, for a fraction of =
the cost.

The pins feel pretty good. It still won't hold it's tune. What's wrong? =
Should I have gone two sizes larger to #4? The pressure bar is solid, =
and seems the right angle. What else?

All the screws are tight, otherwise it seems a normal piano.=20

Has anyone else experienced similar problems?

Kenny Finlayson, RPT