Clothes Pins as clamps/Bill Ballard

Bill Ballard yardbird@vermontel.net
Sat, 26 Jul 2003 00:00:11 -0400

At 11:44 PM -0400 7/24/03, Bill Ballard wrote:
>We're both using the clothes pins identically, just for different
>stages of pedal regulation. When the sostenuto is properly
>regulated, the tabs will be 1/6" above the tab height as lifted by
>the key (a #, BTW). So I pick # dampers close to each action break &
>use the clothes pin to hold the dampers at key lift height. That tab
>height (plus 1/16") I transfer to the sosty rail.
>
>At this point, you come along and clamp the heads at sosty catch
>height and set the upstop rail just a goat hair above that.

If you're wondering about the goat hair, they had them in the Navy.
You were in the navy, right Joe?

My best regards, as always.

Mr. Bill

"Lydia thinks she knows everything, and Lyle thinks he owns the place"
     ...........The outgoing staff technician to the new guy,
concerning the resident artiste/pianist and the Chief Custodian