Posting to files@ptg.org??????

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Tue, 29 Jul 2003 10:39:09 -0500

>HMMMMMM?! I posted the Lowell DownBearing Gauge Instructions to
>files@ptg.org. They immediately "bounced" back to me!!!!!!, saying that the
>files needed to be "approved" by the administrator, or some such! Now I have
>9 files sitting in my IN box! I assume that the files will be approved.
>However, How the Hell do I know if/when that will happen???????? This system
>seems to lack a bit of userability, IMO.
>Best Regards,
>Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)

No, what you got back was notification from "files-bounces@ptg.org" that
your files had arrived. Since the system isn't automatic at PTG's end, an
actual human person (thanks Kent) has to look at them, store them on the
server, and re-post your message with the URLs pointing to them. In this
case, they were even compiled into one PDF for easy viewing and printing as
you wish. You don't know when that will happen any more than you know when
some individual will respond to a private (or public, for that matter)
e-mail. Just be brave, and it will happen, as it did in this case.

Ron N