Kimball with odd noises...

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Tue, 29 Jul 2003 21:33:09 -0600

Will,
Did you try muting so that only one string of a unison could ring at a =
time esp the neighboring strings open. Just wondering. Scratching my =
head in Idaho <G>
Joe Goss
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: PatchWick@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2003 9:11 PM
  Subject: Re: Kimball with odd noises...

  In a message dated 7/29/2003 11:07:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time, =
imatunr@srvinet.com writes:

    Hi Will,
    I would suspect that you might find a foreign object in back of the =
strings at the top of the bridge.
    Joe Goss

  Hm. I thought so too. Nothing there! Checked the bridge pins and =
string seating as well. No problems I could see. I tried "holding" the =
bridge still as I played the notes - no effect. Hmmm....

  Thanks anyway,
  will