Mold Removal

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Tue, 29 Jul 2003 21:56:42 -0600

Hi William,
Two ideas from removing the mold in our house. It is gone for 6 years =
now.
When we repainted we used a mold reduction agent that was added to the =
paint. I do not know if there was any color to the additive but presume =
there was none as it would have changed the color of the paint.
Areas that continued to show we painted with bleach, that really zaped =
the mold.
I would only suggest this be done with plenty of ventilation and all =
surfaces must be treated.Small areas of the piano could be treatrd at a =
time to cut down on the harmful vapors that would be created.
Joe Goss
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: William R. Monroe - A440 Piano Serv=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2003 9:24 PM
  Subject: Mold Removal

  Hi folks.  Wondering if any of you have any ideas about removing mold =
from a piano.  The instrument in question is a late 1800's Chickering =
BOU - Exquisite - Save for mold.  This piano is structurally so good, it =
is unbelievable.  However, it has mold EVERYWHERE - felts, leathers, =
wood, glue joints, etc.  I ordinarily would flatly refuse any mold =
removal work.  Not worth the health risks.  But this piano could be so =
nice.  Archives were not of much help, only relating to something or =
other POS, er, PSO.  Any thoughts out there?  I've heard of using dry =
cleaning chemicals, but am not sure how to apply.  Thanks for your help.

  William R. Monroe
  Assoc.
  Madison,WI