soundboardinstal again

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Wed, 30 Jul 2003 01:24:36 -0500

>In a rib crowned system, then, how important is it to control the moisture
>content in the board during installation.  It sounds as if it is not so
>critical.
>
>David Love

It's not as critical structurally, since the ribs are doing the structural
support work they're designed for, but you still need to assemble them
within a certain MC range so the panel doesn't make the assembly overly
stiff (temporarily) by excess expansion, nor crack when it dries out in the
winter months. The MC range for rib crowning tends to me in the 6%- 6.5% MC
range, rather than the 4% - 4.5% range for compression crowning.

Ron N